Sunday, April 15, 2012

Greek Easter

I wanted to share with you ladies a few pictures of our supper tonight, it was quite small and simple compared to other years, but it made it that much more charming! I apologize for the quality of the photos, my family don't like to pose and kept commenting how weird I was to be taking pictures rather than eating lol!!

Theo Yorgo (Uncle George), Yayi, Papou, Sandra, and hidden is Stephanie, Jeff and obviously myself lol

For supper: macaronia with cheese and cannella, salad, greek easter bread (tsoureki), feta, ham, and my papou's homemade wine. I dont drink wine but he makes me pretend and I take a sip to make him say: Bravo!

AND OF COURSE LAMB!


OPA!

Its not Greek Easter unless there is kokkina avga (red eggs).


LET THE SMASHING BEGIN! Who will win the tsougrisma (clinking together challenge) this year?



My papou always cheats. One year, he had a red MARBLE egg and noone figured it out till everyone's egg got cracked.


Και του χρόνου! In health until the next year!


1 comment:

  1. Hahahah at the red marble! Way to outsmart everyone, Papou! lol. LOVED this. Thanks for sharing Cyn! What is the macaronia recipe?

    ReplyDelete