Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Moroccan Preserved Lemons

hmm...

What's your take on this? I've only just heard about preserving lemons. Personally, I'm on the fence about this one. When I think lemons, 'fruit flavourfully decomposing in a jar' isn't exactly the first thing that comes to mind (more like, 'squeeze it into my vodka, please'). But it definitely looks interesting, and probably smells amazing too.

When life gives you lemons... well, I guess it's free lemons, so you can do whatever you want with them, Moroccans.

Recipe:

http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2006/12/moroccan-preser-1/



Damn lemons, you whack!





4 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm... fermented lemons...
    my question is, why doesn't the author tell you to take out the seeds? What happens to the seeds, I ask??
    I love the picture of the baby hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preserved/pickled lemons are AMAZING. We have them all over the middle east...so, so delicious.

    Great question about the seeds! Let me ask my aunt...

    ReplyDelete