Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Week Meal Plan

This is what this week has in store for us:




Monday - Leftoverssssssss
Tuesday - Bacon and Grilled Veggie Quiche (something new, for J!)
Wednesday - Turkey/Sweet Potato chili in the slowcooker
Thursday - Chicken Fajitas with the fixins
Friday - Salmon fillet for me with steamed or sautéed veggies, rice for jj (rice is something his mom invented, basically white rice with onions/beef gravy/minced meat. No comment)
Saturday - Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with mashed white&sweet potato/carrot and Greek salad
Sunday- Supper at my maman's
















Since I work later, and J's home from school earlier, he is actually going to be venturing in the kitchen much more (which I love) than he was used to, so this is a learning experience for both of us. I have a tendency to expect him to know what I know, and deliver exactly what I would deliver, so I'm really working on trying to rein that control freak side of me in. Good practice for when I become pregnant? hmm..










I'm soooo excited for my lunch this week, this salad. Plus lentil soup which I'm making tonight, based off of Julia Child's recipe, from her books that I received as a gift from J this Christmas (more on those in another post ohhhhhhh bebey). Her recipe is very similar to my grandmothers soupe aux pois, so I'm not venturing out too much.










I've noticed that in the recent weeks I've gradually cut down on the amount of carbs I make for myself in my meals. No one in my family is gluten intolerant, so to go completely gluten free wouldn't be very efor us, and I feel that its the current big fad of the culinary world at the moment.


After reading and assessing how I personally react to gluten, I've decided that the grains that I would consume would be whole and un-processed to the maximum, and that it would be limited. But I still very much enjoy a fresh loaf of bread from my oven, so I wont deny myself that pleasure. Just in moderation.


Has anyone had trouble uploading pictures? I cant seem to add anything without making the site crash -_-



1 comment: