A supplemental photo tutorial for dear Sam - even easier apple galette.
1. Make your pastry - put some butter in a bowl and then rub some flour in until it is like a dry meal, but not too dry. Add just enough water to form a dough. Roll out on a floured surface. Transfer to a buttered cookie sheet (must have a lip for any rogue juices).
2. Put fruit, sugar, and butter together with some cinnamon in a bowl and mix it about.
3. Plop your fruit on the rolled-out pastry.
4. Now fold 'er up in charming little pleats (or rough big pleats - whatever!).
5. Bake and serve with love to your favourite Samantha ♥