Tuesday, November 8, 2011

chai latte mix



Sam sent me a link to this chai latté syrup, and I'd been meaning to try the recipe from Cynthia Lair's Foods for the Whole Family, so I decided to sorta combine them. It went well! I am thinking this will be one of our mass-production Christmas presents this year, oh joy!

My ultimate quantities were:
4 c water
3 tea bags
2 cinnamon sticks
1 bay leaf
10 peppercorns
10 cloves
10 cardamom pods
2 tsp ground ginger (accident - I'd meant to use 1 tsp - but it was fine)
1/2 pod vanilla, sliced open
4-5 tbsp honey (I used a kitchen spoon rather than a measuring spoon - 4 of those)


I then strained the nearly-spent spices into a small pot with about 1 1/2 c water, 1 decaf tea bag, and about 1 tbsp honey and made a weaker baby chai for Mr. Angel, above. He enjoyed it, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment