Friday, August 17, 2012

seafood grill a la Sam

Sam brought us marinated squid and salmon on Wednesday along with our produce basket, it was incredible. I say that as a generally hesitant seafood-eater.

In the marinade, there was, oh, coconut milk, garlic, mint, cayenne, and what else, Sam?

We also had bread, salad (largely from the produce basket), kombucha and super-simple tropical wine.

For "dessert" (eg Sam's appetizer) we had zucchini brownies. And Sam brought wonderful yogurts to share. It was good times.

2 comments:

  1. ...lime, soy sauce, minced ginger, olive oil. HUZZAH!

    I will def try another salmon marinade: I know you guys liked it, but I didn't find it special enough. Something was missing to really bring out all the flavours. Maybe maple syrup? Less lime?

    Yo...I totally depleted your kombucha supply. Sorry bout that. I also tried some wine (to Tony's shock.)

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe molasses? teriyaki sauce??

    ....

    ReplyDelete