Wednesday, April 17, 2013

HOLY HUMMUS

Ladies.

I just made my own hummus, from scratch, from DRIED CHICKPEAS THAT I SOAKED OVERNIGHT AND BOILED FOR 2 HOURS

AND IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!

I was at the grocery store, saw hummus in a plastic box, and thought, "fuck that. my people have made hummus since forever. Surely, I can make my own hummus. And it will be better."

-chickpeas
-lots of fresh garlic cloves
-1 small meyer lemon, juiced and rind grated (or lemon or lime)
-fresh basil
-olive oil
-salt
-pepper
-some water to thin to your desired consistency

-blend in a food processor / blender

and BE AMAZED

I didn't even have tahini on hand, and it was still AWESOME. just AWESOME.


1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! Ive always sort of held back from hummus (or rather didnt share my hummus) because I thought since I never bought tahini somebody would deny it as hummus, YOU INSPIRE ME

    ReplyDelete