Sunday, June 23, 2013

pizza & ice cream pie



This was last night's supper, made with a chickpea flour crust, and baked first without cheese to let the veggies roast - tomato, red pepper, zucchini & onion, with herbs and oil - then with strips of mozzarella. It smelled wicked good! As usual, the mouthfeel of the crust was kind of dry and crumbly, and once one has had the pleasure of glutenous crust one simply can't help but compare, but one does get used to being GF, and so all things considered it was a success.


It's technically my birthday tomorrow, but really that means it's my birthday all weekend. Obviously! Growing up I always chose ice cream cake on my birthday; I've never really been a grain cake kind of girl. I saw this incredible recipe right after eating all our berries yesterday, and I've been toying with a modified version in my head since then. So I went with Magic Bulleted pecans, melted butter, and sugar for the press-crust, followed by two bricks of cream cheese, two pureed peaches, probably about 1/2 c to 1 c maple syrup, and about 2 tsp vanilla extract, all whipped, with the extra peach slices on top. It's freezing in the basement freezer now. Oh boy! I will decorate it with wildflowers and take some more pictures when we serve it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment