Monday, March 18, 2013

weekend shots

Peeling ginger - I keep a supply cut up int the freezer - it was so fragrant

strawberry, banana, maple & yogurt "ice cream" with on-sale strawberries - the colour was fantastic

Red wine has been giving me eczema flare-ups, not uncommon according to The Eczema Cure - I don't know if white would do the same, or if it's the sulfites, or what. Anyway for now I've been drinking gin. This combo was actually to sweet for me. My new favourite drink is a shot each of gin and water in a glass with about a 1/4 tsp rosewater. Lovely.


This recipe, from Feeding the Whole Family, has been modified many times in my kitchen, and I keep coming back to it because it uses all maple syrup and no cane sugar (and it's maple season, you know...!)




notice the "recolte [harvest] 2013" sticker on the can



my gin and blackcurrant drink really did look like wine

Ambrose helped us finish our ice creams

3 comments:

  1. i miss you guys. I didn't understand what was in th ebowls, though? did you make the buttermilk cake and ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which bowls, the little coloured espresso cups? Yes, those had our little strawberry sherbets, the maple-vanilla cake I made based on the recipe in the picture is in the background of that sane picture.

      Delete
  2. Leeks and cabbage? What was that?

    ReplyDelete